August 18th, 2009
We’re happy to announce that Programmable Web has chosen Charts.fm as their “Mashup of the Day” – thanks folks, very much appreciated!
Programmable Web (http://www.programmableweb.com) is a great site tracking open web-APIs and the Mashups built upon them. If you’re a developer looking for information on what kind of APIs are available out there, check it out!
Btw., Charts.fm is using several APIs: Amazon eCommerce & iTunes Music Store (altough iTunes technically doesn’t really offer an API), YouTube (obviously), Last.fm for artist-bios, LyricWiki, Facebook Connect and most of all Yes.com for the raw chart-data.
June 27th, 2009
One of the greatest musicians of our time has passed away. As a tribute, here’s the very best of Michael Jackson. You may also want to check out the best of Jackson 5!
June 27th, 2009
It’s time again to thank you for spreading the word about charts.fm around the blogosphere…thx, and keep them coming!
May 29th, 2009
We’ve recently added two exciting ways to share content from Charts.fm across the web – a “Share”-button for posting charts to popular social networks and an embeddable widget for you website/blog:
- The “Share”-button displayed below charts, artist- and radiostation-pages allows you to share the current page on various social networks and social bookmarking services, like MySpace, Facebook, Digg, Delicious, StumbleUpon, Digg etc. (right now we are supporting about 50 services!). This is a great way to tell your friends on about customized charts you’ve created, or your favorite artist or radiostation.
- If you’ve got your own blog or website, you’ll love the possibility to embed charts into your web-pages. Just copy&paste the “Embed”-code which you’ll find below each charts, artist or radiostation into the HTML-source of your website (here’s an example of how the widget will look like).
May 18th, 2009
Just wanted to put a out a big ‘thanks’ to everybody who took the time mentioning / reviewing Charts.fm so far – you guys rock!
May 13th, 2009
As some of you have already noticed, you can now sign in to Charts.fm using your Facebook-account. Just click on the Facebook-icon in the top-bar, login with your Facebook-email & -password (if you’re not already signed in) and authorize Charts.fm – e voila, you are free to save your charts and vote for artists and radiostations!
March 5th, 2009
Since launching Charts.fm in January earlier this year, we’ve been receiving a fair share of good feedback from you (thx!). The only issue that really kept popping up on a regular basis, was that we couldn’t provide YouTube-videos to many tracks & artists we feature in our charts. Up til now there were four reasons, why you couldn’t watch a certain video:
- The YouTube-clip we’ve linked to a song has been taken down from YouTube arbitrarily or due to legal demand.
- The YouTube-clip we’ve linked to a song was only available in certain places of the world due to legal restrictions (it’s mainly visitors outside the US affected by this issue).
- Our data-provider (Yes.com) delivered no linked YouTube-clip at all.
- There really is no video on YouTube for a particular song…
Today I’m happy to announce that we’ve been able to solve problems 1., 2. & 3. by implementing an improved, more independent version of our syndication-code. regarding issue 4., we’re thinking on integrating other video-sources in addition to YouTube in the near future (suggestions on any sources?).
But for now, happy watching!
PS: as always, your feedback is very much welcome! If you discover a track which doesn’t have a working video (but you think there really should be one on YouTube), feel free to drop a comment!
February 28th, 2009
just wanted to let you know that we had some technical issues on our server this friday, Feb. 28th around 9pm-12pm (CET). All issues should be solved by now – if you encounter any problems, please feel free to drop a comment or mail us!
Sorry for any inconvenience!
February 12th, 2009
If you’ld like to keep updated on new charts created by our users, you might want to follow @chartsfm on Twitter! We automatically push out an update each time one of you saves his/her personalized charts!
Btw., @chartsfm is set to auto-follow!